Beebop the Clown Poster

Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Long Weekend 2013


There is no better way to end this lovely weekend than sitting in my apartment and blogging to you all while the evening sun filters in through my front window and I prepare myself for a Sunday BBQ in South East Van.

For the past two years I have been working for a client who throws the absolute best parties in town. This year it took place at Southlands Heritage Farm, a magical and earthy space home to community markets and outreach. But, most importantly, home to PONIES!
The kids at the party were treated to pink lemonade, pony rides, nature tours, a complete candy bar with rainbow butterfly lollipops, a chocolate fountain, rainbow birthday cake and face painting at this Rainbow Butterfly Fairy themed birthday party. As an addition to my face painting services, I also brought along hair ribbon to braid into kids hair (my new party trick, they loved it!). I wore my gold petticoat, rainbow bustle (purchased at Just Imagine), little blue fairy wings and did my hair up with ribbons and flowers. 
And, of course, wore my cowboy boots.
As an additional  treat, I ran into the kids that I nanny for while there (they were visiting the farmers market). That fact, mixed with all the smiling faces I saw and the gentle sounds of the banjo being played by one of the Southlands gentlemen as I packed up my paints at the end of the gig, may have contributed to making this the best kids party I have ever been to.
It really was a beautiful and impeccably planned event, exemplified  by the bouquet given to me at the end, one of which sat on every table at the party (pictured above).

A pleased Spiderman at the Kids Market today
Today I face painted at the Kids Market while hanging out with Rainbow the Dragon, JAck the Clown, and Rusty the Clown. Here are some photos from today too!

 
Fairy Princess tiara
 
Jack the Clown, balloon master!
Rainbow butterfly
Unicorn (original design by Nicholas Frenette)
Rusty and Jack!
 

I hope that all of your May Long weekends were as filled with joy as mine was, 

Until next time
Clown hugs and butterfly kisses,
Love,
Beebop the Clown

No comments:

Post a Comment